Looking to store your car, truck, motorcycle or other vehicle? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve listed thousands of storage facilities across the country that offer both indoor and outdoor vehicle storage.
Enter your city or zip code above to find and compare storage facilities in your area that offer vehicle storage.
Enter your city or zip code above to find and compare storage facilities in your area that offer vehicle storage. You can give them a call, or better yet, request a free quote via email! Take as much time as you'd like to find the perfect facility to fit your vehicle storage needs. If you need assistance, please call us toll free at 866-381-7930 and we’ll be happy to help connect you with a suitable storage facility!
Tips for Vehicle Storage:
- Indoor vehicle storage is going to be similar to a garage with a roll up door. Outdoor vehicle storage is going to be similar to a parking space and is typically in a fenced in area.
- Indoor storage is much more secure than outdoor storage but is also much more expensive.
- If you’re looking for indoor storage you’ll need at least a 10x15 or 10x20 unit. If you choose to get an even larger unit you’ll have extra room to store a few boxes or other miscellaneous items.
- Any vehicle you put in storage needs to be running and insured. Most facilities will ask to see some form of insurance and proof of ownership.
- Many facilities have additional restrictions regarding vehicle storage so be sure to ask for all of the details.
How to store a car
When it comes to storing your car, indoors are always better, especially, if your car is too old or if the summers are going on. This will protect your car/vehicle from seasonal as well as external damage. It would definitely cost you more if you want to store it for a longer period. Moreover, you also have to pay for a periodical exercising so that your car doesn’t get jammed up.
If you are going to store your car in a winter season, then you can choose for an outdoor storage which may be cheaper than the indoor storage. An outdoor storage is more useful when you have to store your vehicle for a shorter period. You get options of storage according to the size and requirement of car/vehicle.
- Change the oil and filter
- Make sure coolant levels are proper
- Inflate the tires to proper pressure
- Clean and wax the car
- Slightly open a window
- Release the parking break
- Lock the doors